Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Next Stop: Seattle Layover (few hours)


I watched my parents leave the Las Vegas McCarren Airport and realized that I’m completely alone. At least the last time I traveled internationally I was with a large group. This time it is just me. Checking in was fun. Not! My suitcase was overweight. So, I proceeded to shove books from my suitcase into my large duffel bag. It was still overweight, but not as much. Then ten minutes pass as the check-in person was trying to find out what to charge me. The woman check-in person was getting the runaround until finally getting an answer. It ended up being $100 overweight. I think it was simply up to the clerk what to charge. Whatever. I have a plane to catch. The great thing the clerk did though was to have my bags transferred to the Asiana flight without me having to get my bags in Seattle and go through checking in again and going through security.

Upon arriving in Seattle I exchanged some currency so I’d have more won when entering South Korea. I was hungry when arriving in Seattle so naturally I had lunch. Perhaps it was a good time for one last good American burger. I ordered a burger and fries from the Runway Grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment